The General Assembly is the highest decision-making body of the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE). Attended by all CAE Members, the Assembly is held in the first week of June of every even-numbered year. The functions of the General Assembly are:
1. To review the report on the work of the CAE;
2. To formulate and revise the regulations of the CAE;
3. To decide on the establishment of the Academic Divisions;
4. To elect the president, vice presidents and members of the Governing Board;
5. To elect foreign members of the CAE;
6. To carry out academic activities and discuss major engineering science and technology issues;
7. To discuss and review other issues and proposals put forward by the Standing Leading Body of the General Assembly.